Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sending Out Summer

I'm pretty sure we could not have fit one more thing into our summer...our weekends were especially packed - crossing many state lines, visiting lots of friends and family, and going on fun adventures with our two little travelers. We tend to get a little stir crazy when we sit at home too long and I think we knew that once fall rolled around, and our newest family member arrives, our traveling would slow down quite a bit. When I turned the page in my calendar to September, it was almost shocking to see how little we actually have planned.  It was also a bit shocking to see how few weeks we have before Baby #3 could arrive (insert frantic list making of things around the house and at work I need to get done before then)!

But before we get too ahead of ourselves (no pumpkins or boots or sweatshirts here yet), we said goodbye to summer with two last hurrahs...our first was our annual Golden family trip.  This year we spent a long weekend at a house at the Beachwalk in Michigan City. We had a great day at the beach, spent a lot of time swimming and playing at the park, had a very hot (and all-uphill) visit to the zoo, and just hanging out around the house!







The Crew





Celebrating Nolan's 4th Birthday!



And finally, our last summer fling was our family reunion at my Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue's house on the river. We ate a lot (duh) and spent the day fishing, kayaking, and playing in the sunshine. This year my dad and Bob's cousin Danny and his wife Kay joined us from North Carolina. I think we figured out I hadn't seen them since I was three years old! We ended the day with a bonfire and s'mores! 












See ya, Summer 2018...onto our next adventures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment