Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Three Years Later

Three years ago today, I woke up around 5:30am in a hotel suite, giddy with excitement for the day - ready for our wedding day and our life as a married couple to begin.  

This morning, a giddily clapping nine month old woke me up well before the sun came up, ready to start our day.

Three years ago today, I spent the morning with some of my favorite women, sipping mimosas, having our hair and make-up done.  





This morning, I spent my time with my sweet Elsa at home, sipping a Diet Caffeine-free Pepsi for me,  breastmilk for her. I have barely run a brush through my hair and the closest thing to pampering involved diapers (and I trimmed Elsa's fingernails - so a manicure :))...sorry, no pictures for documentation of this morning's bed head and p.j.s... 

We've filled the past three years with an abundance of love and laughter, shared with family and friends.  Our wedding day, as perfect as it could be, was a beautiful start to this life together.  And, although, today, there will not be tuxedos or professional photographers or 200 guests to celebrate with us, it will be just as perfect.





Happy Anniversary to us...we've only just begun

No comments:

Post a Comment