Erik and I met 10 years ago while we were both at U of I. In those years I have watched him accomplish so much...but rather than looking back at the past (we've all seen the state championship football game VHS at this point, right?), I wanted to share a glimpse into Erik's next 30 years.
Now I'm sure Erik has his own list of goals he'd like to get going on, but rather than diving into his investment strategies, I'm such a good wife I thought I'd make the list for him - you know like his weekend Honey-Do list that I leave on the kitchen counter-top.
So without further adieu, my 30 for the next 30 for Erik:
30) I hope you brew the perfect beer (without the gas tank running out, something breaking, and with a few less curse words).
29) A trip back to Europe (okay this one is mostly for me)
28) A World Series Win for the Cubs (or maybe just some winning seasons?)
27) An All-American road trip out west with our family (I know you would like there to be an RV involved, but I am making the list).
25) More hugs, kisses, and date-nights
24) To finish your MBA (preferably in the next two years, please!!!!!)
23) All the Real Housewives to be exiled to some far away island (I am so selfless).
22) A snow blower (because I'm starting to feel sorry for you this winter)
21) More babies (so our family sporting matches will be less lame...and many other reasons)
20) More time for golf
19) Great seats at a Blackhawks game
18) That one of our offspring shares your passion for nerdy movies so you have someone to watch them with (I still feel a little bad you saw The Hobbit in the theater....alone).
17) A homemade lemon meringue pie at least once a year
16) For Waddle and Silvy to call you to be a guest commentator on their show (remember how excited you were when they read your text on-air?!)
15) A trip back to Arizona (when I'm not pregnant so you don't have to do the hikes by yourself)
14) Another fishing trip with your dad
13) A sense of fulfillment in your career
12) That you coach our kids and spend many summer evenings playing catch or shooting hoops
11) That you continue to find joy in some of life's simplest moments
10) A really great pair of Dockers that fit perfectly and never need ironing
9) I hope you continue to write and get the chance to write another novel.
8) An adventure to Alaska (you might have to sell this one to me pretty hard)
7) That you get to see as many of your kids "firsts" as possible - steps, words, school days, etc...
6) and 5) To eat at a famous chef's restaurant (Emeril's, perhaps?....which would also include a trip to New Orleans - so double points!)
4) A TV show that might come close to filling the void that came with the end of Breaking Bad
3) More opportunities to wear a tux (because you are just so handsome).
2) The time to teach our kids all things you want - whether it be ice skating, how to drive, or how to stick to a budget.
1) And mostly, to feel loved by us every.single.day.of.every.single.year. We love you!
Happy 30th! The fun has just begun!

Great post Carrie!! Happy birthday to my favorite brother!!
ReplyDelete